October 8, 2010
DIGITAL PIONEER LAUNCHES EURO RSCG SOCIAL
NEW YORK, OCTOBER 8, 2010—Euro RSCG Worldwide has officially launched Euro RSCG Social, the newly formalized cross-discipline, cross-leadership social media arm of the global advertising and marketing agency network.
“We put digital at the core of our agencies globally back in 2005. Today we’re probably doing more in the social media space than any other agency globally and this move simply groups all of our efforts under one umbrella brand,” said David Jones, global CEO of Havas Worldwide and Euro RSCG Worldwide.
Euro RSCG Worldwide is currently social media or digital agency of record for brands including IBM, Akzo Nobel’s Dulux, Charles Schwab, Heineken (USA), Ikea, Lacoste, method, Sanofi-aventis, Sprint, Volvo, Woolmark and last year won the global digital business for EDF, France’s largest energy company, in the biggest digital pitch in the country’s history and was named recently to Unilever’s global digital roster.
In addition to working with these key clients, this new entity has a combined following of more than 100,000 people and posts more than 60 updates per day. The agency uses hashtag #eurorscg for general news and information, and #eurosocial to push social media news and trends over Twitter.
Recent digital and social media milestones at Havas and Euro RSCG include:
- Leveraging the power of social media to generate more than 128 million YouTube hits to date for the most-viewed piece of viral commercial content in history, the Evian Rollerbabies.
- Launching Akzo Nobel’s Dulux “Let’s Colour” campaign via social media and digital. The documentary of local communities repainting their neighborhoods reachedover 400,000 hits with no media investment and became the 12th-most tweetedvideo in the film category.
- Engaging the power of social media across multiple channels to solicit delegatesand launch One Young World, the global platform for youth to affect positive socialchange, which was cited as the ‘Young Davos’ by CNN and welcomed counselorsincluding Kofi Annan, Bob Geldof, Muhammad Yunus and Desmond Tutu.
- Gathering more than 17 million supporters for Kofi Annan’s digital-based Tck TckTck campaign for climate justice and ushering in a global first: a digital musicpetition created by our in-house record label, The:Hours.
- Winning IBM’s global digital business from Digitas in the biggest digital pitch of2009, working across the interactive and social media space.
- Driving the Dos Equis “Most Interesting Man in the World” campaign acrossmultiple social media platforms resulting in Dos Equis becoming the #1 brand inboth the beer and the greater spirits categories on Facebook with over 770,000fans.
- Doubling digital and social media business in China year-to-date with the additionof major accounts such as Dulux, Hershey’s, Balabala and Sun Hung KaiProperties.
- Launching The Sisterhood, a one-of-a-kind social marketing lab—using YouTube,Facebook, Twitter and online outreach—that’s by, for and about teenage girls, atEuro RSCG Worldwide PR.
- Creating innovative firsts in the social media space from the first global CEOTweet, to Social Xplorer — the first social media NPD tool, to the first expandablebanner ad on YouTube to the first social media car launch.
- And finally launching the Social Life and Social Media website and blog, whichincorporates contributions from experts from around the world as part of EuroRSCG Social (www.eurorscgsocial.com).
Go to eurorscgsocial.com to see the latest news and trends in the social media space, including data for marketers, the original “Social Life and Social Media” white paper, and the social media blog, among other materials.